The Erie County Planning Commission assists the Department of Planning and Community Development with the preparation of a comprehensive plan for the county, and also may make recommendations about zoning, subdivisions and land development. The commission consists of nine members and up to three alternates, all of whom serve four-year terms.
The commission may have up to 12 members. Of the 12 commissioners, seven represent each of the County Council districts and two represent the interests of municipalities located within the county. At least one but not more than three residents of Erie County serve as alternate members of the commission. All appointments are made by the County Executive with the advice and consent of County Council.
Regular meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month as listed below and begin at 6:00 p.m. The meetings are open to the public.
2023 Meetings Dates
|Thursday, February 9, 2023||–||Planning Department|
|Thursday, April 13, 2023||–||Fairview Township Building|
|Thursday, June 8, 2023||–||Girard Borough Building|
|Thursday, August 10, 2023||–||Erie County Conservation District|
|Thursday, October 12, 2023||–||First United Methodist Church, Union City|
|Thursday, December 14, 2023||–||Millcreek Township Building|
2022 Meeting Dates
- March 10, 2022 – Special Public Meeting – Recycling Strategic Plan, Hirt Auditorium, Blasco Library. Regular business meeting immediately following. 03-18-22 Meeting Minutes–Presented
- April 14, 2022 – Special Public Meeting – Long Range Transportation Plan, Fairview Township Building. Regular business meeting immediately following. –Presented
- June 9, 2022 – 06-09-2022 Meeting Minutes
- August 11, 2022 – CANCELLED
- September 8, 2022 – Meeting Minutes
- October 13, 2022 – Meeting Minutes
- December 8, 2022