Information Collected Automatically
Erie County government maintains this website as a public service. In an effort to continue to improve our service, we use server log analysis tools to summarize statistics we gather regarding our website’s usage, such as: general access (number of hits received), resources accessed (our most/least popular pages), computer demographics (IP addresses and domains), activity statistics (most/least active days), technical statistics (errors), referrers and keywords (search engines and websites that point to our website), and browsers and platforms used to connect to our website.
The following are examples of information about your visit that is, or in the near future will be, collected for this analysis:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain used. The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer that can be used to direct Internet traffic to you.
- Your username
- The type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time you visited this site
- The web pages you visited at this site
- The website you visited prior to coming to this site
- The above information is used to improve the content of our website, to customize the content and layout of our site. Erie County government does not sell or rent the information we collect, nor do we knowingly distribute it to any third party.
Information You Volunteer
Erie County government will retain information you volunteer, including personal information and registration data. Personal information is information that identifies or describes an individual, including but not limited to name, address, phone number and e-mail address. A domain name or IP address is not considered personal information.
If you supply us with your telephone number, postal address or e-mail address, we will contact you only for the purpose for which you supplied this information. If you do not wish Erie County government to communicate with you, just contact us by e-mail or regular mail and let us know.
Erie County government does not sell or rent the personal information or registration data we collect.
Information Disclosed As Required By Law
Information collected or maintained by Erie County government is subject to the provisions of federal and state regulations governing data sharing. Such laws are subject to change by Congress or the Legislature at any time.