FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 5, 2022
Walter Ang | Communications Specialist
Erie County Department of Health provides free COVID-19 testing clinics
Erie, PA — Erie County Department of Health highly recommends vaccination and boosters against COVID-19 for all eligible residents of Erie County five years and older, including for those who are pregnant. The benefit of vaccination is that it helps the body prevent severe illness and lessens the likelihood of needing hospitalization. If having concerns or questions about vaccines, approach healthcare professionals or contact the Erie County Department of Health at 814-451-6700 for facts and answers.
Free vaccines are available for residents of Erie County ages 5 years and older. For list of local vaccination sites, visit eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine. Call ahead to confirm schedules.
Unvaccinated or vaccinated, testing is recommended if exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 or if experiencing symptoms such as sore throat, coughing, difficulty breathing, fever or chills, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell. Testing results can help determine appropriate care and treatment if needed.
For list of local testing sites, visit eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-testing-information. Erie County Department of Health offers free testing in partnership with local healthcare systems and community centers. Call ahead to confirm schedules, type of test available and if appointment is needed. Unless stated otherwise, PCR testing is offered.
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Booker T. Washington Center, 1720 Holland St., Erie, 814-453-5744, ext. 235
- Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Quality of Life Learning Center, 2046 E. 19th St., Erie, 814-899-3904
- Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Martin Luther King Center, 312 Chestnut St., Erie, 814-459-2761, ext. 225
- Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Community Health Net, 1202 State St., Erie, 814-454-4530, ext. 282
Rapid testing results are available in 15 minutes at free mobile testing clinics organized by the Erie County Department of Health. No insurance is needed. The Information Sheet and Consent Form can be downloaded from eriecountypa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/COVID-Testing-Info-Sheet-and-Consent-Form.pdf, printed and filled out in advance before going to the clinic. To follow up results, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6, Thursday, 3 to 6 p.m. at Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie. Call 814-451-6700 for details or questions.
- 10, Monday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Erie County Department of Public Safety, 2880 Flower Rd., Erie. Call 814-451-6700 for details or questions. Do NOT contact the Department of Public Safety for questions about this clinic.
Those whose test results are positive, even if they do not have symptoms, should stay home; stay apart from others in their homes and, if possible, use a separate bathroom; and inform their close contacts to stay home and get tested. For guidance on quarantine and isolation, call the Erie County Department of Health at 814-451-6700.