FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 13, 2022
Walter Ang | Communications Specialist
Erie County Department of Health announces new time for Jan. 18 COVID-19 testing clinic
Erie, PA — The time of the Jan. 18 (Tuesday) free rapid antigen testing clinic organized by the Erie County Department of Health at the Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie originally scheduled for the morning is now scheduled for 3 to 6 p.m.
Things to know:
- Testing and waiting line will be indoors. Venue can provide adequate ventilation and social distancing is implemented, including in the waiting line.
- No insurance is needed. Testing for ages 2 years and older.
- Test results will be relayed via phone starting in 3 to 4 hours. An email result will be sent starting the next working day. Thank you for understanding that this process may take longer depending on number of persons tested at each clinic.
- Recommended: the Information Sheet and Consent Form can be downloaded from https://eriecountypa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/COVID-Testing-Info-Sheet-and-Consent-Form.pdf, printed and filled out in advance before going to the clinic.
- Call 814-451-6700 for details or questions.
Vaccination and testing are tools against the spread of COVID-19. Unvaccinated or vaccinated, testing is recommended if exposed to anyone who has COVID-19 or if experiencing symptoms such as sore throat, coughing, difficulty breathing, fever or chills, muscle or body aches, vomiting or diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell. Testing results can help determine appropriate care and treatment if needed.
For list of other local testing sites, visit https://eriecountypa.gov/covid-19/covid-19-testing-information/. Erie County Department of Health offers free testing in partnership with local healthcare systems and community centers. Call ahead to confirm schedules, type of test available and if appointment is needed. Unless stated otherwise, PCR testing is offered.
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Booker T. Washington Center, 1720 Holland St., Erie, 814-453-5744, ext. 235
- Wednesdays, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Quality of Life Learning Center, 2046 E. 19th St., Erie, 814-899-3904
- Thursdays, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Martin Luther King Center, 312 Chestnut St., Erie, 814-459-2761, ext. 225
- Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Community Health Net, 1202 State St., Erie, 814-454-4530, ext. 282
Those whose test results are positive, even if they do not have symptoms, should stay home; stay apart from others in their homes and, if possible, use a separate bathroom; and inform their close contacts to stay home and get tested. For guidance on quarantine and isolation, call the Erie County Department of Health at 814-451-6700.