As a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), the Erie MPO is responsible for developing a Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in partnership with PennDOT and EMTA. The TIP contains lists of projects and associated documentation about the TIP process and project evaluation criteria. The official TIP is updated every two years in Pennsylvania, but it serves as a living document that is constantly being revised and amended.
All projects listed in the TIP are fiscally constrained to annual funding the Erie MPO receives. The projects in the TIP are multi-modal, including traditional highway/bridge and transit projects, along with bicycle/pedestrian and freight-related improvements that are federally funded or regionally significant.
What is not in the Erie MPO TIP:
- Locally funded projects on municipal roads
- Liquid Fuels or Local Use Fee funded projects
- PennDOT’s state funded maintenance projects
- Specific design details about each project
DRAFT 2023-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The Erie MPO’s Draft TIP for Federal Fiscal Years 2023-2026 is available for public review beginning May 12. All are encouraged to review the TIP documents and offer any written comments up until 4:00 p.m. on June 10, 2022.
Feedback and comments can be sent through mail or email. Emails concerning the plan can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail should be addressed to:
Erie County Department of Planning and Community Development 150 East Front Street, Suite 300 Erie, PA 16507
If you missed the public meetings on June 1st, you can still view the Draft TIP presentation on YouTube https://youtu.be/oW-mh-MzTTA
The Erie MPO will vote on the adoption of the plan on June 22, 2022 at the regular 10:00am Coordinating Committee meeting.
DRAFT 2023-2026 TIP Documents
- Project Selection Process
- Performance Management Report
- Highway and Bridge Projects 2023-2026
- Transit Projects 2023-2026
- Interstate Projects 2023-2026
- Public Comment Period Advertisement
- Financial Constraint
- Environmental Justice Analysis and Documentation
- Air Quality Conformity Determination Report
- Title VI Policy Statement
- TIP Revision Procedures
To view the Erie MPO’s TIP projects, please visit PennDOT’s One Map website. To see projects made possible or in development because of Pennsylvania’s Act 89 transportation funding plan, visit PennDOT’s Projects website.