2021 HUD Continuum of Care Priority Listing
HUD has released the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the 2021 CoC competition.
Erie County (Peter Burke, Housing Program Director), the Lead Applicant will reach out to current HUD providers who plan on submitting a renewal applications for the 2021 Continuum of Care Competition by email for further instructions. For new project applications for the 2021 competition, you may begin working on your project applications using the attached HUD CoC Bonus PH-PSH, CoC Bonus Expansion PH-PSH, DV Bonus PH-RRH and DV Bonus SSO-CE Application (attached). Erie County is able to apply for two types of new funding, CoC Bonus and DV Bonus. For the CoC Bonus money, we have up to $162,002. Based on the local need, the County will be the only one applying for the CoC bonus money to fill in the much needed financial gap of Permanent Supportive Housing. New Project applications would submit a CoC New Project PH-PHS application. Current PSH providers applying to expand their grant would just submit their Renewal application and a CoC PH-PHS Expansion application. This year HUD providers applying to expand their programs do not have to put in an additional Combined Renewal Expansion grant (as was the case in 2019). For the DV Bonus, applicants can apply for a minimum of $50,000 and up to $486,005. For the DV Bonus, we will only accept applications that have PH-RRH or SSO-CE as a project type. Based on our local needs, we will not accept the Joint TH-RRH project type. New DV projects for PH-RRH will submit a DV Bonus New Project PH-RRH application and onus New Project SSO-CE application. All new/expansion project (CoC and DV bonus) applications will be due electronically back to the county (Peter Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, October 15th.
Included in this email, you will find the following:
- Link to the 2021 HUD Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for your review.
- Attached: 24 CFR Part 578- Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing: Continuum of Care Program; Final Rule
- Link to HUD required forms for each project you are applying for:
Instructions for 2021 New/Expansion Project Applications
- Read the 2021 HUD CoC NOFO to make certain to understand all requirements.
- Fill in your new/expansion 2021 HUD CoC project application using the applicable attached template and forward back to me via email. Read the instructions above each section carefully.
- Review 24 CFR 578.73 for detailed HUD Match requirements. Please note that match sources for all grant funds must be matched with either cash or In-Kind and must be no less than 25% of project budget except for leasing. For In-Kind services, make sure to include a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) if the services are being provided by a third party. *Remember that match contributions must be actual funds spent or goods/services used for program participants in the HUD-funded program. Match is not funds kept in cash reserves. Make certain that your match contribution is for eligible activities as per 24 CFR Part 578.
- Using the link for forms, complete and sign forms for each project you intend to apply for: HUD 2880, SF-LLL, and HUD 50070
Documents needed to submit for a new project application
- Completed 2021 HUD CoC new application template (attached)
- Match letter dated and signed by agency director.
- MOU letters if applicable for In-Kind match
- Completed and signed HUD forms: 2880, SF-LLL, and 50070- complete each form for each new project you are applying for
- Proof of nonprofit status.
HUD 2021 Continuum of Care Competition Application Documents
- 2021 CoC Bonus New Project PH-PSH Application
- 2021 COC Bonus PH-PSH Expansion Application
- 2021 DV Bonus New Project PH-RRH Application
- 2021 DV Bonus New Project SSO-CE application
Please understand that while you will see in the NOFO that the due date of the consolidated application is 11/16/21, there are multiple other internal deadlines that our CoC must meet prior to this date. In addition, the ranking and scoring committee needs sufficient time to review all of your project applications to ensure that all are reviewed in a thorough and fair manner. Thank you in advance for your understanding of this.