The Erie County Office of Children and Youth works to keep children safe and respectfully engage families by using community-based services and support to help families successfully care for their children. The focus of the Office of Children and Youth is the safety, permanency and well-being of all children and youth, with the vision of creating a community where children thrive because they are safe, loved and given opportunities to succeed.
When You Should Contact Us
To make a good faith report of suspected physical and/or sexual abuse or severe neglect, contact the Office of Children and Youth:
- Switchboard: 814-451-6600
- Toll Free: 1-800-352-0026 ext. 6600
- After-hours emergencies (including weekends and holidays): 814-451-1503
- TDD: 814-451-6556
- Fax: 814-451-6555
- Become a caregiver
- Making a report of child abuse or neglect
- Training for mandated reporters
- Parent Handbook
- Permanency for children
- Work for the Office of Children and Youth
The Erie County Children and Youth Advisory Board advises the Office of Children and Youth on policies, guidelines and directives.