Erie County’s Board of Health is a governing board appointed by the County Executive, subject to approval by County Council. Members serve staggered four-year terms and act in an advisory capacity to the Department of Health director, who also serves on this board.
Board of Health Members
- Laura Lewis, Ph.D., LSW – term expires December 31, 2021
- Bishop Clifton McNair III — term expires December 31, 2023
- Richard A. Ortoski, D.O., chair — term expires December 31, 2021
- Carla Picardo, M.D. — term expires December 31, 2021
- Mary Jean Taylor, Ph.D. — term expires December 31, 2023
- Timothy Zieziula, J.D. – term expires December 31, 2024
All meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and will be conducted via Zoom video conferencing unless otherwise advertised. To request participation information, please call 814-451-6700 no later than the Friday prior to the meeting.
2021 Meeting dates for Board of Health:
- Monday, January 25, 2021
- Monday, April 26, 2021
- Monday, July 26, 2021
- Monday, October 25, 2021