Erie County’s Board of Health is a governing board appointed by the County Executive, subject to approval by County Council. Members serve staggered four-year terms and act in an advisory capacity to the Department of Health director, who also serves on this board.
Board of Health Members
- Laura Lewis, Ph.D., LSW – term expires December 31, 2021
- Bishop Clifton McNair III — term expires December 31, 2023
- Richard A. Ortoski, D.O., chair — term expires December 31, 2021
- Carla Picardo, M.D. — term expires December 31, 2021
- Mary Jean Taylor, Ph.D. — term expires December 31, 2023
- Timothy Zieziula, J.D. – term expires December 31, 2024
Public Health Champion Award
The Public Health Champion Award recognizes services by individuals, groups, or agencies that significantly advance the mission of the Erie County Department of Health (ECDH). A review board, comprised of the director of ECDH and the chairperson of the Board of Health, considers and recommends the award.
All meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and will be conducted via Zoom video conferencing unless otherwise advertised. To request participation information, please call 814-451-6700 no later than the Friday prior to the meeting.
2021 Meeting dates for Board of Health:
- Monday, January 25, 2021
- Monday, April 26, 2021
- Monday, July 26, 2021
- Monday, October 25, 2021