Erie County’s Board of Health is a governing board appointed by the County Executive, subject to approval by County Council. Members serve staggered four-year terms and act in an advisory capacity to the Department of Health director, who also serves on this board.
Board of Health Members
- Bishop Clifton McNair III — term expires December 31, 2023
- Ferdinando Mirarchi, D.O. – term expires December 31, 2025
- Richard A. Ortoski, D.O., chair — term expires December 31, 2025
- Carla Picardo, M.D. — term expires December 31, 2025
- Mary Jean Taylor, Ph.D. — term expires December 31, 2023
- Timothy Zieziula, J.D. – term expires December 31, 2024
All meetings begin at 5:00 p.m. and will be conducted via Zoom video conferencing unless otherwise advertised. To request participation information, please call 814-451-6700 no later than the Friday prior to the meeting.
2022 Meeting dates for Board of Health:
- Monday, March 7, 2022- Agenda
- Monday, April 25, 2022- Agenda
- Monday, August 1, 2022- Agenda
- Monday, Nov. 7, 2022