Get information here.
Official Pre-Canvassing Notice
Public Notice is hereby given, that the Erie County Board of Elections and/or its agents will convene at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, in room 114A at the Erie County Courthouse for pre-canvassing of absentee and mail-in ballots. Pre-canvassing is the separation of ballots from their mailing envelopes. The ballots will then be moved to the Tabulation Room 112 for the accumulation of Unofficial Results as permitted under Act 12, 2020. No results from any ballots scanned before 8:00 p.m. will be published to media or conveyed to any person or group. The Canvass of ballots will then begin at 8:00 p.m. and continue until officially suspended that evening. The canvass will continue Wednesday, Nov. 4, through Friday, Nov. 6, and beyond as necessary in the Voter Registration Office, Rm 112 and room 114A; Erie County Courthouse, 140 West 6th Street, Erie, Pennsylvania. On Friday, Nov. 6, 2020, at 9:00 a.m., the Official Computation and Canvass will include the determination of provisional ballot eligibility, the counting of military ballots, emergency ballots and the accumulation of write-in votes.
Register to Vote
- Online Voter Registration
- Frequently Asked Questions about online voter registration.
- Voter Registration Form (Also use this form for change of address within Erie County, a name change or a change of party.)
- To obtain a voter registration paper form, please visit one of the following:
- A state Wine and Spirits store
- A state representative’s office
- Any library
- Erie County Voter Registration Office
- Cancellation of Previous Registration
- Verify Your Registration Status
- Voter registration closes 15 days prior to a primary election and opens the day after the primary election.
- Mail-in and Absentee Ballots
- Emergency Absentee Ballots