To provide Erie County Residents with the opportunity to register and vote in free, fair, and transparent elections.
The Elections Department is comprised of a Voter Registration/Elections Office and a warehouse for storing and maintaining voting machines.
Our Department is overseen by the Erie County Board of Elections. We are committed to administering elections and all related activities for the County of Erie in compliance with the Federal and State statutes.
Election and Voter Registration personnel are dedicated to providing excellent service, empowering voters through education, and conducting elections with a high standard of ethical practices.
- Registering Voters
- Conducting Federal, State, County, and Local Elections
- Compile and Maintain the Registration of the current 177,000 Voters
- Prepare and Publish Notices of Elections
- Prepare lists of offices for which Candidates are to be nominated
- Accept and Verify Nomination Petitions
- Prepare Official and Sample Ballots
- Maintains candidates filing of campaign finance reports
- The Elections/Voter Registration office is also responsible for establishing voting precincts and locations of polling places for each voting precinct; training of election officers to staff the polls on Election Day and preparing all election supplies to be used at the polls on Election Day.
- Voter warehouse program and tests all election equipment
- Processing of all Absentee and Mail-In Ballots
- Election Results Reporting
- Coordinates efforts with PennDOT, The Department of State and other counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
|General Questions||814-451-6275 – Main Office|
|Campaign Finance||814-451-6276 – Tonia Fernandez|
|Election procedures or complaints –Election Supervisor||814-451-6276 – Tonia Fernandez|
|Board of Elections – County Clerk||814-451-6304 – Julie Slomski|
|Poll Worker Questions||814-451-6274 – Sue Sheffield|