In order to visit an inmate, the inmate must sign your name on the visiting list for that pod’s visiting date. Failure to do so will result in the denial of the visit.
- A-Pod: Fridays
- B-Pod: Saturdays
- C-Pod: Sundays
- D-Pod: Mondays
- F-Pod: Tuesdays
- G-Pod: Wednesdays
- J-Pod: Thursdays
- E-#1: Tuesdays
- E-#2: Tuesdays
- A-RHU: Fridays
- Special Housing: Tuesdays
- 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
- By appointment for administrative segregation-protective custody/medical on housing unit’s visiting day
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- E-#1: Tuesdays, 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- E-#2: Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- RHU special visits (by appointment only): Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- FF-Pod special visits (by appointment only): Tuesdays, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 – 9:30 p.m.
- A-RHU: Fridays, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- B-Juvenile: Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Visiting Time Limits
- AA, BB, CC, DD, GG and JJ-Pods: One day weekly per scheduled visiting day with three individual time slots of 20 minutes each. A maximum of 60 minutes in duration.
- F-Pod: One day weekly per scheduled visiting day with two individual time slots of 20 minutes each. A maximum of 40 minutes in duration.
- Restrictive housing/segregation/special housing: One day weekly per scheduled visiting day with one individual time slot of 30 minutes.
- A mother/father or legal guardian may have no more than two minors accompany them. Minors must be with their legal guardian and must have proof of guardianship. Any minor over 2 years of age must have their own time slot. Minors under the age of 18 must be properly supervised and remain with their legal guardian at all times. Proof in the form of a birth certificate, adoption papers, court order, etc., is required for minors to visit.
- An inmate is permitted no more than three individual visitors. Exception: A mother/father and two minors.
- Inmates may use the available time slots in any combination, but multiple visits must be taken consecutively.
- Inmates who have a visitor for more than one 20-minute time slot will remain in the visiting room until the completion of their scheduled visits.
- Family visitors will be allowed to visit only one inmate at a time.
- Grandparents are also considered as one visitor but ONLY if they are the legal guardian with proof.
- For minors that are not children, step-children or siblings, exceptions will be granted on a case by case basis by the Warden or designee. The incarcerated individual must start the process for exception via pod counselor.
The Erie County Prison offers video visitation through Securus Technologies. Video visitation is available via a computer with webcam or through a smartphone app, available for Android or iOS. Video visitation requires enrollment through Securus.