Beginning May 11, 2020, there will be limited access to the Clerk of Records offices by appointment for Title Searchers. To request placement on the schedule, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. To maintain safety, compliance with mask and social distancing guidelines is required. Policy subject to change as circumstances dictate.
In addition to other duties, the Register of Wills serves as an agent for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for filing and payment of Inheritance Taxes. The inheritance tax return and payment is filed at the Register of Wills, and is then forwarded to the Commonwealth by this office. If you have questions, you should contact an attorney or an accountant for assistance.
All records in the Register of Wills are open to the public with the exception of Adoption records, which are impounded (sealed by the Court) by law and available only by order of Court.
- Download the latest fee schedule for Register of Wills.
Opening an Estate
Many state forms may be found on the PA Courts site in an up-to-date PDF format. http://www.pacourts.us/forms/for-the-public/orphans-court-forms
- Rev-346 – Estate Information Sheet – PA Department of Revenue
- RW 02 – Petition for Grant of Letters – PA Courts
- RW 06 – Renunciation (Effective 01-01-2020) – PA Courts
- RW 03 – Oath of Subscribing Witness(es) (Effective 01-01-2020) – PA Courts
- RW 04 – Oath of Non-subscribing Witness(es) (Effective 01-01-2020) – PA Courts
- Inheritance tax forms for Pennsylvania including the inheritance tax form may be found on the PA Department of Revenue.
- Inheritance Tax Prepayment Form – PA Department of Revenue