Here is a list of businesses that were funded. All applicants have been contacted.
Erie County is deploying $875,000 in emergency grant funding for qualifying businesses that had to close their operations as a result of Governor Wolf’s Dec. 10 COVID-19 limited-time mitigation order.
Qualifying businesses are eligible for a one-time $5,000 emergency grant to help them get through the next few weeks.
Qualifying businesses include, but are not limited to:
- Dine-in Restaurants
- Bars, Breweries, Distilleries
- Gyms and Fitness Facilities
- Movie Theaters, Arcades, Bowling Alleys, Museums
- Social Clubs
See Governor Wolf’s Dec. 10 COVID-19 limited-time mitigation order for a list of the types of businesses impacted.
To apply, business owners will need to provide the following:
- Two recent utility bill payments, vendor invoices, or rent payment records from within the past two months (as evidence that the business was open prior to the Dec. 10 order)
- Occupancy permit – Businesses located inside the City of Erie who cannot locate their permit can complete this Certificate of Occupancy and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Form W-9
- Narrative statement explaining how Governor Wolf’s order forced your business to close its in-person operations
- If the business is a dine-in restaurant or bar, the applicant will also need to provide a copy of the health certificate.
To Qualify for an Emergency Grant:
- Businesses must have been in operation as of Dec. 10, 2020.
- Businesses must be locally owned and located in Erie County, Pa.
- Businesses must have been directly impacted by Governor Wolf’s Dec. 10 COVID-19 limited-time mitigation order.
- If applicants own multiple qualifying businesses, they may qualify for only one emergency grant.
The application period for emergency funding will start at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020, and run through 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020.
Emergency grants will be approved and processed on a first-apply, first-processed basis. Grant funding will only be provided while funds are available.
For questions, please email email@example.com.