Erie County is acting as the local sponsor for a community college application now under consideration by the Pennsylvania Board of Education. The board, in evaluating the county’s application for a community college, is consulting closely with the Governor’s Office and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
On July 8, 2020, the Pennsylvania State Board of Education officially voted 10-5 for the establishment of the Erie County Community College.
As of Aug. 31, 2020, Erie County Council has seated the full board of trustees, which was formally put forth by County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper:
- Ronald DiNicola, Esquire – District 1, Kimberly Clear
- Annette Wagner, MD – District 2, André R. Horton
- Cheryl Rush Dix – District 3, Mary Rennie
- Rev. Dr. Charles Mock – District 4, Carl Anderson III
- Justin M. Gallagher – District 5, Brian Shank
- David E. Mitchell – District 6, Scott Rastetter
- Tom Benson – District 7, Ellen Schauerman
- Kathryn J. Sintal – County Executive Dahlkemper
- Christina M. Vogel – County Executive Dahlkemper
Follow along with the developments, including a timeline and supporting documents, on Erie County’s Community College page.